Applying policies in GoGuardian Admin 2.0 is an essential task that allows you to apply different levels of filtering to different groups of users (or OUs).
Assign a Policy to an OU:
- First, before an Admin can apply policies to OUs, the OUs themselves need to be imported. This is done in GoGuardian Admin 1.0 HERE. Click the blue “Import OUs” button at the top right corner and follow the OU import wizard (making sure to select all of the OUs and parent OUs containing users whom you would like to filter/monitor.
- Once your OUs are imported, you can navigate to the policy assign section in GoGuardian Admin 2.0 by hovering over the navigation sidebar on the left side of your GoGuardian Admin 2.0, and click “Filtering” under the “Admin” product.
- NOTE: You can apply different policies to your OUs while the accounts are considered “Out of School” by selecting the “Out of school” tab in the policy assign menu. For more on out of school mode, click HERE.
- Next, the “Assign” tab will allow you to view all of your imported OUs as well as any policies that are applied to them. To apply a policy, click the plus sign to the right side of the OU and any currently applied policies.
- Select the policy you would like to apply to the OU and click the green “Attach Policy” button. This will apply the policy to the OU along with any child OUs under the selected OU.
- Problems importing your OUs? If you receive any errors when trying to import your OUs, please make sure you enable API Access in the admin console.
In the Google Apps Admin Console Dashboard go to Security > API Reference > API Access > Enable API Access
- No policies? No problem! Check our how to guide on creating policies HERE.
- Need a different set of policies during different times of the day or on different networks? Configure Out of School mode with our step-by-step guide HERE.
- For more info on troubleshooting your filtering, click HERE.
- You can apply a policy to a particular OU without inheritance if you do not apply a policy to the parent level OU. Policies applied to parent level OUs will be inherited by child OUs nested under the parent level OU.