In this article, we will be going over how to build and manipulate policies in GoGuardian Admin 2.0 to control your users’ filtering by OU.
NOTE: You can build a policy with Monitor/Filter or Full Access permissions.
For a brief overview of policies, refer to our Getting Started with Policies page HERE.
Build a new Policy:
- Navigate to your GoGuardian Admin 2.0 filtering section HERE. This is the overview of your Organizational Unit structure and a graphical representation of which policies are applied to each OU. For more on how to apply policies to OUs, check out our How to: Apply a Policy to an OU article HERE.
- Click on the “Policies” tab under “Filtering” at the upper left corner of your policy assignment page. You will see a list of your current policies, along with a green button at the top right corner to create a new policy.
- Click the green button “Create Policy” and name your policy in the resulting popup window. Click the “Create” button.
- In the “Summary” tab for your newly created policy, you can edit the policy’s name, add/edit the description of the policy, and the color of the policy’s card.
- In the Apps & Extensions tab, you can filter Apps & Extensions for users - click HERE for more info on how to do that.
- In the Categories and Sites tabs, you can filter by predefined categories or by individual sites, respectively - click HERE for more info on how to do that.
- In the Youtube section, you can filter Youtube content by category, keyword, or individual video - click HERE for more info on how to do that.
Once you’ve chosen the appropriate settings for your policy, it’s time to take a look at how to apply your new policy to an OU: How to apply a Policy to an OU