Please note: Smart Alerts for the "Self-Harm" category is no longer available for new customers. For more information, please reach out to your sales representative.
Triggers via Smart Alerts allow admins to better communicate and enforce the principles of digital citizenship while divvying up the reviewing process between admins effectively.
Smart alerts can be configured to block content (more on that HERE), notify admins by email, and message the student via Chrome notifications. This article will go over the different available options with Smart Alerts and triggers.
- In the Smart Alerts dashboard, click on the “Triggers” tab.
- Click on the blue “Add New Trigger” button in the top right corner.
- Select the "Explicit" category.
- Select the severity threshold for alerts to be triggered. GoGuardian recommends starting with the lowest confidence level (Medium Confidence - at least 50% confidence) and moving to a higher confidence level if you notice a significant amount of false positive reports, but false positives are rare. Click the “Add” button.
- On the right side, there are options to select which Organizational Unit you would like to monitor with this trigger. Select the appropriate OU (some schools do not want to monitor staff OUs, and would only select OUs with student accounts). Click the blue “Add” button to add the OUs to the trigger.
- After adding the appropriate category and OUs, move on to “Add an Action.” You can add just one or all actions for a Smart Alerts trigger. Here’s a quick rundown on your action types:
- “Notify and Assign” will set up automated emails and assign emails to admins at a particular school, to be alerted to and review the Smart Alerts generated by this trigger.
- “Message Student” will directly message the user as a Chrome notification.
- “Block Content” will automatically block the user.
- After selecting the appropriate actions for the trigger, admins can create custom messaging that will appear when the Smart Alert has been triggered for users in the selected OUs for the trigger. After entering your custom message (or the default sample text), click “Save & Close.” Your users in the selected OUs will now have the content blocked when the Smart Alert has been triggered.
NOTE: The "Block content" custom message will show on the user’s browser in the center of the screen. The "Message student" option will trigger a chrome browser notification which can sometimes be hidden by users.