How to Review a Smart Alert
Please note: Smart Alerts for the "Self-Harm" category is no longer available for new customers. For more information, please reach out to your account representative.
Reviewing Smart Alerts is the primary workflow admins will need in order to ensure users are staying safe online and not viewing inappropriate content.
After Smart Alerts are configured to assign Smart Alerts to admins, alerts must be reviewed or dismissed to remove them from the “Active” alerts section and add them to the “Resolved” section.
1. Navigate to the Smart Alerts dashboard here: smart-alerts.goguardian.com
2. Click on “Assigned to me” under the “Active” alerts menu, or skim the general feed of alerts.
3. Click on an alert to gain context for the student's browsing activity.
- Behavior shows the feed of sites the student visited before and after the alert:
- View Screenshot allows admin to confirm whether the site was explicit or not:
- Confidence Level indicates the level of certainty with which GoGuardian's artificial intelligence algorithm determined whether a given alert was explicit. If an alert is at "Very High" confidence, GoGuardian was at least 90% sure that the alert was a true positive. If an alert is only at "Medium" confidence, GoGuardian was only at least 50% sure that the student was looking at explicit material.
- IP Address, Date / Time, Reference Number (to protect student privacy), and Request to Generate PDF button are also listed in the alert.
4. The Related Alerts tab opens up a feed of similar alerts for this particular student, if any exist.
5. After taking a look at the specific activity of the student, admins can click "Back to List" in the upper left-hand corner of the alert for next steps.
6. Once the Smart Alert has been fully reviewed and all administrative steps have been completed, admins can change the status to “Resolved” or “Dismissed.”
To do this, locate the thumbnail alert you'd like to resolve or dismiss. Click the "Active" drop-down menu from this alert, and click either "Resolved" or "Dismissed" to remove the alert from the main feed.
Resolved indicates that the student's activity was addressed. Dismissed means that the alert was not serious enough to discuss with the student.
7. Admins may also want to leave the status as “Active” until the necessary counseling or punitive action is taken with the student.