Reviewing smart alerts is the primary workflow admins will need in order to ensure users are staying safe online and not viewing inappropriate content
After smart alerts are configured to assign smart alerts to admins, alerts must be reviewed or dismissed to remove them from the “Active” alerts section and add them to the “Resolved” section.
- Navigate to the smart alerts dashboard. (link to smart alerts dashboard)
- Click on “Assigned to me” under the “Active” alerts menu.
- Click on an alert. The default tab is “Behavior” which allows admins to see a timeline view of the websites the user has visited leading up to and after the alert was flagged along with any triggers that were activated by the activity under the screenshots of the activity (if applicable).
- Admins can also choose to review the “Activity Log” tab, which shows all other administrative activity for the current smart alert OR the “Related Alerts” tab to view the historical context of the same user’s smart alerts within the same category.
- After the appropriate information has been reviewed, the next set steps are in the right-hand column “Alert.” Hovering over “Category” within the report or outside of the report allows admins to confirm or deny the accuracy of the report. Feedback selecting from these “Yes” or “No” prompts help to train the machine learning powering the Smart Alerts engine.
- Admins may scan the contents of the “Alert” column to get more context on the alert (what IP address the student was connecting from, a reference number that can be shared with other admins to protect student privacy, as well as the date and time).
NOTE: Admins can also assign other admins to alerts for special cases.
- If desired, printable reports are available at the bottom of “Alerts” and will email the admin a PDF report of the smart alert.
- After reviewing the alert, Admins may want to leave the “Status” as “Active” until the necessary counseling or punitive action is taken with the user/student.
- Once the Smart Alert has been fully reviewed and all administrative steps have been completed, change the status to “resolved” or “dismissed.”