GoGuardian Admin 2.0 allows Admins to block particular Chrome apps and extensions for filtered users.
Blocking access to particular apps and extensions is controlled via policies within GoGuardian Admin 2.0.
1. Start by clicking on “Filtering” in the navigation panel under the “Admin” product.
2. Click on the “Policies” tab between “Assign” and “Activity.” This will show a list of your policies.
3. Click the pencil icon on the policy you wish to edit apps and extensions filtering for.
4. Click on “Apps & Extensions” to access the editing options for your policy.
5. Restrictive mode in “Settings” will block all Apps and Extensions except for those which you explicitly allow in GoGuardian. Enabling this toggle is optional but it is recommended to limit users’ apps/extensions as many apps/extensions can allow users to access third party browsing or distracting games outside of the Chrome browser.
6. “Filtering” allows you to paste the URL of a chrome app to allow or block using the green or red buttons. For example, the Chrome app URL for Google Keep is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-keep-chrome-extens/lpcaedmchfhocbbapmcbpinfpgnhiddi, and the App ID is lpcaedmchfhocbbapmcbpinfpgnhiddi.
For more on how to create a policy: How To: Create and Edit Policies
How to apply policies to OUs once they’re finely tuned: How To: Apply a Policy to an OU
If you would like to create a different policy for when students aren’t in school: How To: Configure Out of School Mode