Once you have created a classroom, you will need to enroll your students. When enrolling students, you have three options: use an enroll code, add emails manually, or upload a CSV file of emails. To enroll students, select the classroom you want to add them to from your GoGuardian Teacher Classrooms dashboard, then navigate to the Students section. From here, select Add Students.
Classrooms imported from Google Classroom will automatically sync the student roster at the time they are imported into GoGuardian Teacher. The roster can be re-synced as needed when changes are made to the rosters in Google Classroom.
Note: The maximum number of students per classroom is 115
Read on to find out more about each method of enrollment:
- By Enroll Code (for non-Google Classrooms)
- By Email Address (for non-Google Classrooms)
- By CSV File Upload (for non-Google Classrooms)
By Enroll Code
This is the fastest way to enroll your students if they are in the room with you and logged in while you are trying to enroll them.
- In the Students section, click the Add Students button
- Click the Enroll Code option
- You will be given a six-digit alphanumeric code that is unique to your classroom.
- Then, have your students visit enroll.goguardian.com and enter the classroom code.
- Once your students have entered the code, navigate back to the Students section of your classroom. You may need to refresh the page.
- Under Pending Enrollment, approve the new students by clicking the Enroll All button or approve each student individually.
The enroll code for each class can be accessed at any time by clicking the Add Students button, then selecting the Use code option.
By Email Address
You can add students by email address whether or not they are currently logged into their Chromebooks. To do this, choose the Add emails option.
- In the Students tab, click the Add Students button
- Click the Add emails option
- Enter an email address
- Click Add Another Email or hit enter to add additional email addresses
- Finally, click Add Students
Additional students can be added using this method at any time.
By CSV File Upload
By uploading a CSV file, or comma-separated values file, you can add multiple students in bulk.
- Using a spreadsheet editor of your choice, create a new file with one column and no header. Enter your students' email addresses in a column, then export your file as a .CSV file.
- In the Students section of the classroom, click the Add Students button
- Click the Upload CSV option
- Click Choose File and select the newly created CSV file.
- Click Import Students
Enrolling students from Google Classroom
If you imported a classroom from Google Classroom, then your students should have been automatically enrolled in your GoGuardian classroom. However, as classrooms can change, you can always update your roster to ensure all your students are properly enrolled. The list of students enrolled in your classroom will update every hour. You may also manually sync at any time by clicking the button to Sync Student From Google at any time.