Teacher Chat can be used to communicate with students one-on-one without needing to use email or interrupting class. Notice a student spending too much time off-task? Want to quietly send another student encouragement for finding the answer to a difficult problem? Need to make sure everyone in your class sees an important message? This article can help!
- Click on the Enable Chat button in the top right corner of your active session view (Screens or Timeline view)
- Click on the Chat icon that appears towards the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on a connected student’s name
- Enter text in the dialogue box, and press Enter or click the icon
- Your message will appear in a similar window on the student’s screen
Start a Chat from an Individual Student's Tile
With chat enabled in the active session, start a chat with a specific student by clicking on the three vertical dot menu in the top right corner of that student's tile.
Reviewing Chat History from Past Sessions
GoGuardian Teacher now provides the ability to review historical chat sessions with students and teachers.
- Navigate to teacher.goguardian.com
- Click on the classroom in which the desired chat conversation took place
- Click the session date/time to open the timeline view for that specific session.
- Click the text icon at the bottom right corner of the session to open all chats with students during the specified session.