Teacher Chat can be used to communicate with students one-on-one without needing to use email or interrupting class. Notice a student spending too much time off-task? Want to quietly send another student encouragement for finding the answer to a difficult problem? Need to make sure everyone in your class sees an important message? This article can help!
- Click on the Enable Chat button in the top right corner of your active session view (Screens or Timeline view)
- Click on the Chat icon that appears towards the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on a connected student’s name
- Enter text in the dialogue box, and press Enter or click the icon
- Your message will appear in a similar window on the student’s screen
Start a Chat from an Individual Student's Tile
With chat enabled in the active session, quickly start a chat with a specific student by clicking on the three vertical dot menu in the top right corner of that student's tile.