Disable Incognito Mode for Students
Want the option to block incognito mode for students' accounts? GoGuardian Admin’s student filtering and monitoring are handled by a pair of extensions. When Chrome is in Incognito Mode, it doesn’t load any extensions. Due to this, it is important to prevent students from being able to launch Chrome in Incognito Mode.
To block Incognito Mode:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Devices
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on User & browser settings
- Select an OU containing students' accounts
- Scroll to the Security heading
- Using the Incognito Mode drop-down menu, select the Disallow Incognito mode option
- At the top of the screen, click Save.
HERE are some helpful articles with recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.