Restrict Device Sign-In to Your Students Only
To ensure that all policies set in the Google Admin console and in GoGuardian Admin apply to all of your students, it is important to prevent students (and non-students) from logging into your school’s Chrome devices with unapproved Google accounts.
Additional important settings for restricting device sign-in include:
To restrict device sign-in to your school’s students only:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Devices
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down and click on Device Settings
- Select an OU containing student accounts
- Scroll to the Sign-in Settings heading
- Using the Restrict sign-in drop-down menu, select the Restrict Sign-in to list of users option
You can use the text entry box below the drop-down menu to add your students:
- Use a wildcard (a * symbol) + your school’s domain to restrict sign-in to only your school
- For example, *@yourschool.edu would allow anyone with @yourschool.edu in their email address to log in to your school’s Chrome devices
- You can also add multiple domains and subdomains, e.g. *@yourschool.edu, *@students.school.edu
- At the top of the screen, click Save.
HERE are some helpful articles with recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.