To ensure that all policies set in Google Admin console and in GoGuardian Admin apply to all of your students, it is important to prevent students (and non-students) from logging into your school’s Chrome devices with unapproved Google accounts.
Additional important settings for restricting device sign-in include:
To restrict device sign-in to your school’s students only:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Device Management
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on Device Settings
- Select an OU containing students
- Scroll to the Sign-in Settings heading
- Using the Restrict sign-in drop-down menu, select the Restrict Sign-in to list of users option
You can use the text entry box below the drop-down menu to add your students:
- Use a wildcard (an * symbol) + your school’s domain to restrict sign-in to only your school
- For example, *@yourschool.edu would allow anyone with @yourschool.edu in their email address log in to your school’s Chrome devices
- You can also add multiple domains and subdomains, e.g. *@yourschool.edu, *@students.school.edu
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.
HERE are some helpful articles with recommended settings for Google Admin Console