Admins can force Chrome devices to automatically re-enroll after being wiped to ensure that potentially stolen devices remain trackable. This setting is strongly recommended to make sure that GoGuardian Admin’s Theft Recovery functions work correctly.
Additional important Theft Recovery settings include:
To force device re-enrollment:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Device Management
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on Device Settings
- Select an OU containing students
- Scroll to the Enrollment & Access heading
- Using the Forced Re-enrollment drop-down menu, select the Force device to re-enroll into this domain after wiping option
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save
HERE you can find more information on recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.