Restrict Which Apps Students Can Install and Use
To help ensure students stay on task and avoid using apps that could compromise their safety, it’s important to block students from installing additional third-party apps.
How to Block All Unapproved Apps:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Devices
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on Apps & extensions
- Select an OU containing students' accounts
- Under the App column, find Allow users to install other apps & extensions and set this to Block all other apps & extensions
- At the top of the screen, click Save
HERE you can find more information on recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.