To help ensure students stay on task and avoid using apps that could compromise their safety, it’s important to block students from installing additional third-party apps.
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Device Management
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on User & browser settings
- Select an OU containing students
- Scroll to the Apps and Extensions heading
- Under Allowed Types of Apps and Extensions, ensure that only the Extensions box is checked
- Under the Allow or Block All Apps and Extensions section, choose the Block all apps and extensions except the ones I allow option
- Under the Allowed Apps and Extensions section, click the Manage button
- Ensure that the two GoGuardian extension IDs and URLs from the GoGuardian Extensions page are in the Total to allow panel. (If they aren’t, click on Add, and enter each ID/URL pair.)
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save
HERE you can find more information on recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.