Block Developer Tools
Chrome’s Developer Tools can be used to bypass GoGuardian Admin’s monitoring and filtering abilities. This can be prevented by disabling Developer Tools in Google Admin Console.
To block students from using Chrome’s Developer Tools menu:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com
- Click on Devices
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen
- Click on User & browser settings
- Select an OU containing students' accounts
- Scroll to the User Experience heading, or use Command+F (Mac) or Ctrl+F (Windows) to search specifically for Developer Tools
- Using the Developer Tools drop-down menu, select the Never allow use of built-in developer tools option
- At the top of the page, click Save
HERE are helpful articles with recommended settings for the Google Admin Console.