A classroom session is the digital equivalent of a classroom period. When a classroom session begins, all enrolled students will automatically join. Once the students are connected, you will begin to see live screen data on the Screens view of your active classroom session. All session data is automatically recorded and will be archived and available for review at any point.
Start a New Session
- Sign in to teacher.goguardian.com
- Select a Classroom
- In the panel to the right, specify the session length from the drop-down menu.
- To exclude absent students, click Want to exclude students? then click each that you want to exclude from the session.
- Select a Scene to be applied to the classroom session. Scenes can be changed or removed mid-session.
- Click Start Session
Protip: Classroom sessions can also be scheduled to start automatically! Read Scheduled Sessions for more info.
Switch Between Active Sessions
Multiple concurrent sessions can be active at once. You can switch between active sessions by clicking the sidebar menu button at the top left corner of the screen.
End a Session Early
A session can be ended at any time by clicking the End Session button.
Add Additional Time to a Session
- Open an active classroom session
- Click on the Time Remaining button
- Select the amount of time to extend the session
- Select a length of time or type in a new end time
- Click Update Session
View Past Sessions
Records from past sessions are available at any time. Sessions are recorded sequentially and stored on the Sessions tab of your classroom. Open a classroom session to view timeline data, screenshots, and command logs. You can scroll through timeline data and view student activity by clicking on a student's timeline bar.