Create a New Classroom
Classrooms are a convenient way to organize your students and are intended to reflect your physical classrooms.
Note: The maximum number of students in a GoGuardian Teacher classroom is 115.
There are three options for setting up classrooms in GoGuardian Teacher:
- Create a classroom in GoGuardian
- Import a classroom from Google Classroom
- Integrating classrooms from Clever or ClassLink.
For more information on setting up a Clever Integration, click here. For more information on setting up a ClassLink integration, click here.
To create a new classroom via GoGuardian:
- Click on the Add Classroom button
- Enter a Name for your classroom (required)
- Select a Subject from the drop-down menu (required)
- Add a Description (optional)
- Choose a color for the classroom (blue by default)
- Click the Add Classroom button
Next, you may enroll students into the classroom, or close out of the pop-up (you can always enroll students later).
Import a Classroom from Google Classroom
If you already have classrooms set up with Google Classroom you can import your classrooms to GoGuardian seamlessly.
To begin creating a new classroom via Google Classroom:
- Click on the Import Google Classroom button
- Select the Google Classroom to import (Note: Repeat this process again if you have additional Google Classrooms to import)
Trouble Importing Google Classroom?
Google Classrooms can only be imported once.
- If you receive a message that the classroom has already been imported, please check your archived classrooms.
- If the classroom is not under the Archived Tab, please reach out to any possible co-teacher and ask them to add you to their classroom.
- If you are unaware of any co-teacher that might have imported the classroom first, please contact us and provide us with the name of the classroom and 3 student e-mails that should be present on the student roster.
Update your roster at any time by clicking the Sync Students From Google button in the Students panel.
You may also need to Reconnect Google Account if things don't sync properly. This can be accomplished by navigating to the top right panel with your name and navigating to My Account > Google Classroom, and then selecting Reconnect Google Account.
Integrating classrooms from Clever or ClassLink
If your organization integrates classroom rostering data from Clever or ClassLink into GoGuardian, you may be able to accept automatically-created classrooms with rosters based on data in your organization's Student Integration System (SIS).
For more information on this process, click here.