Once you have created a classroom, you can add students at any time. If you imported your classroom from Google, or synced your classroom from Clever or ClassLink, skip ahead to the bottom of this article.
- Classroom sessions will not start until there is at least one student enrolled in the classroom.
- Students added during active classroom sessions will not appear until the following session.
- Classrooms are limited to 115 students.
To enroll students, select the classroom you want to add them to from the main page of your dashboard, then click on the "Students" tab. On the "Students" tab, click the Add Students button. You will be given the three options for how to enroll students. Read on to find out more about each method.
Alternatively, you may import or sync classes from Student Information Systems, including:
By Enroll Code
Using the enroll code option, you can quickly add students who are signed in and currently in your classroom.
- In the Students section, click the Add Students button
- Click the Use code option
- You will be given a six-digit alphanumeric code that is unique to your classroom.
- Then, have your students visit enroll.goguardian.com and enter the classroom code.
- Once your students have entered the code, navigate back to the Students section of your classroom. You may need to refresh the page.
- Under Pending Enrollment, approve the new students by clicking the Enroll All button or approve each student individually.
The enroll code for each class can be accessed at any time by clicking the Add Students button, then selecting the Use code option.
By Email Address
You can add students by email address whether or not they are currently logged into their Chromebooks. To do this, choose the Add emails option.
- In the Students tab, click the Add Students button
- Click the Add emails option
- Enter an email address
- Click Add Another Email or hit enter to add additional email addresses
- Finally, click Add Students
Additional students can be added using this method at any time.
By CSV File Upload
By uploading a CSV file, or comma-separated values file, you can add multiple students in bulk.
- Using a spreadsheet editor of your choice, create a new file with one column and no header. Enter your students' email addresses in a column, then export your file as a .CSV file.
- In the Students section of the classroom, click the Add Students button
- Click the Upload CSV option
- Click Choose File and select the newly created CSV file.
- Click Import Students
Sync Students from Google Classroom
If your classroom was imported from Google, then your students should have been automatically enrolled in your GoGuardian classroom. However, as classrooms can change, you can always update your Google Classroom roster to ensure all your students are properly enrolled. The list of students enrolled in your classroom will update every hour in GoGuardian Teacher. You can also manually sync at any time by clicking the Sync Students From Google button at any time.
Sync Students from Clever or ClassLink
If your classroom was synced from Clever or ClassLink, then your students should have been automatically enrolled into your GoGuardian classroom. However, as classrooms can change, please make any student roster updates in their respective platform rather than GoGuardian Teacher. Clever and ClassLink classroom changes will sync to GoGuardian every 24 hours. If you need changes immediately, please reach out to an IT admin.