Creating Multiple Users
Adding users individually can be a chore when you have dozens or hundreds of users. Using the Bulk Add/Update feature in Organization Management, you can easily create multiple users with a simple CSV upload.
Note: Only Super Users may modify user accounts in Organization Management.
Format your CSV file
Your CSV should consist of two columns, Name and Last Name in the first column, and Email Address in the second. The columns must not have column headers. See example below. Export your spreadsheet in a CSV format and save the file to your desktop.
Adding Multiple Users
When creating multiple users, the permissions set during the process will be applied to all users within the CSV, so it's best to break your users up into batches based on the desired permissions.
To create multiple users:
- Using your Superuser Admin account, navigate to manage.goguardian.com
- Click Bulk Add / Update
- Click Choose File
- Select the CSV containing your users
- In the Roles Section, select which products your users can access
- For Admin accounts, select a level of access.
- In the Organizational Units Access section, select which OUs your Admin users can access.
Note: This section only applies to the Admin product, but at least one OU must remain checked if creating Teacher-only accounts. If all OUs are unchecked the accounts will become disabled.
- Finally, click Add Users at the bottom of the window.
After clicking Add Users, each email within the CSV will have an account created with the configured settings.
- If a user on the CSV does not already have a GoGuardian Account, one will be created and they will be sent a welcome email.
- If a user already has a GoGuardian Account, their permissions will be updated to match the settings that you just configured.