Track a Device
- Sign into GoGuardian and navigate to the Theft Recovery Dashboard
- Click the green Track a Device button in the top right corner
- In the Search Devices field, enter the serial number of the missing device
- Click the matching serial number in the search results
- Using the drop-down, select the Stolen Devices OU that was configured for Theft Recovery
- Click the Start Tracking button
The tracking process will automatically move the device from its current OU into the selected Stolen Devices OU in Google Admin Console. Once moved and the device is rebooted, the device will launch the Theft Recovery app and start recording screenshots, geolocation data, and detect personal account information to help identify the person in possession of your device.
If the stolen devices OU does not appear in this list, click Sync Devices again.
Once a device has been tracked, a Theft Recovery card will be created for the device in an Undetected state and the device will be automatically moved into the stolen devices OU in the Google Admin Console.
Once the device reboots into Theft Recovery mode, the card will be updated to a Detected state. Click the card to view the full device report, which contains screenshots, geolocation data, and user data.