In order to apply filtering policies to your users, GoGuardian must map out what user accounts belong to which Organizational Units (OUs) and sub-OUs in your domain. Your OU structure, or organizational hierarchy, can be imported on the Custom Policies tab of the Filtering Section.
- A GoGuardian Admin account with at least "Filter and Monitor" Permissions
Required G Suite Admin Privileges:
Admin API Privileges:
Organization Units (create, read, update, delete)
Users (create, read, update, delete)
- At least one enrolled Chrome device in your domain
- At least one sub-OU
How to Import Your OUs
- Navigate to admin.goguardian.com/policy/assign/in-school
- Click the options icon in the top right corner, to the right of the Create Policy button
- Click Sync Org Units with GAC
- When prompted, select your Admin-level Google Admin Console account
- Select which OUs to import into GoGuardian
- Click Import
If you receive any errors when trying to import your OUs, please make sure you enable API Access in the admin console.
- In the Google Admin Console Dashboard go to Security > API reference. Under API access, make sure that the box labeled Enable API access is checked.
If this step does not resolve errors, please contact support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoGuardian will automatically sync your selected imported OUs once per day. If student accounts are moved between imported OUs in the Google Admin console, or if you add a new student to an imported OU, the updates will be reflected in GoGuardian Admin by the next morning.
Important Note Regarding OU Changes
Over the course of the year, you might rename, reorganize, add, or delete OUs in the Google Admin Console. If your OU structure is modified in the Google Admin Console, you must manually re-import / sync your OUs to reflect the changes. Once you re-import your OUs, re-evaluate your policies to ensure they are applied appropriately. If an OU is renamed, any assigned policies will be unassigned. The policies will not be lost but will need to be reassigned.