In order to apply filtering policies to your users, GoGuardian must map out what user accounts belong to which Organizational Units (OUs) and sub-OUs in your domain. Your OU structure, or organizational hierarchy, can be imported on the Assign page in the Filtering Section.
- A GoGuardian Admin account with Filter and Monitor Permissions
- A Google Admin Console admin-level account with:
- Read / Write permissions for User Accounts
- Read / Write permissions for Devices
- Read / Write permissions for OUs
- At least one enrolled Chrome device in your domain
- At least one sub-OU
How to Import Your OUs
- Navigate to admin.goguardian.com/policy/assign/in-school
- Click the options icon in the top right corner, to the right of the create policy button
- Click Sync Org Units with GAC
- When prompted, select your Admin-level Google Admin Console account
- Select which OUs to import into GoGuardian
- Click Import
GoGuardian will automatically sync your selected imported OUs once per day. If student accounts are moved between imported OUs in Google Admin console, the changes will be reflected by the next morning.
Important Note Regarding OU Changes
Over the course of the year, you might rename, reorganize, add, or delete OUs in Google Admin Console. If your OU structure is modified in Google Admin Console, you must manually re-reimport / sync your OUs to reflect the changes. Once you re-import your OUs, re-evaluate your policies to ensure they are applied appropriately. If an OU is renamed, any assigned policies will be detached. The policies will not be lost but will need to be reassigned.