Block Access to Personal Gmail / Youtube Accounts
To block access to personal Gmail and Youtube Accounts:
- Sign in to admin.goguardian.com
- Using the sidebar navigation, under Filtering, click Configuration
- Click Advanced Config, then Global Config
- Enable Block Consumer Google Accounts (Green = On/Enabled, Gray = Off/Disabled)
What this does:
- Locks users to the initial Google account used to sign into their device, typically their school-provided email address.
- Prevents users from signing into any additional Gmail accounts.
- Prevents users from switching between accounts.
Block Consumer Google Accounts is a global setting and will be applied to all users that have GoGuardian installed. This setting will only block access to Google apps accounts.