Update a Device Repair
As the status of repair work done on your devices progresses, it is important to update their status in GoGuardian Fleet. This way, it will be easier for you and your staff to know where and in what shape all of your devices are in, and when you can expect to have it back in service.
Update a device repair
- Click on the Repairs tab on the left side of the GoGuardian Fleet dashboard.
- Click View More to the right of the device you want to have repaired. You can search, filter, or modify the table layout to make it easier to find the device.
If the device has not been repaired and you want to change the repairs required:
- Use the Repair Type dropdown to select the new type of repair.
- Use the Notes field to provide some context on the repair's new status.
- Use the Images section to upload relevant images of the repair process.
- Use the Status dropdown to set the device’s repair status.
- Use Needs Repair if the device still needs to be repaired.
- Use On Hold if repair work on this device has been suspended for whatever reason. Use the Notes field to indicate why the repair was postponed.
- Use Destroyed if the device is beyond repair, or if it would be too expensive to repair the damaged component instead of replacing the device outright.
- Use Awaiting Parts if the repair work on this device is suspended until new parts arrive.
- Use Replaced if the device has been replaced by a new device.
- Use Other if the available status options don't fit the description of the device's status.
If the device has been repaired:
- Use the Repair Type dropdown to indicate what was repaired on this device.
- Upload any photos of the repairs using the Images section
- Enter the cost of the repair, the total time spent in minutes, details about the repair in the Notes field, and then click Add Cost. The Cost panel will be updated with a line item indicating the cost of this repair, and at the top of the total repair cost and time over this device’s lifetime.
- Use the Status drop-down to set the device to Repaired.
- View/Print/Email an Invoice locally and/or to a specified email address in the Cost section