Deploy the Extensions
In order for GoGuardian Director to work correctly, you will need to have deployed a pair of GoGuardian extensions to at least one Organizational Unit containing users for your domain.
This article is intended to show GoGuardian Director users how to re-deploy the GoGuardian Director extensions to their organization’s users after the initial setup process, if necessary.
What you will need:
- Administrator-level access to your organization’s Google Apps for Education (GAFE) account.
- Your GoGuardian extension IDs, which you can find here: GoGuardian Deployment.
Deploy the GoGuardian Extensions
- Go to admin.google.com, and sign in using your administrator-level Google Apps for Education (GAFE) account.
- Click on Device Management.
- Click on Chrome Management, found beneath the Device Settings menu.
- Click on User Settings.
- Select the Organizational Unit (OU) that contains your student users. You will need to repeat these steps for each OU containing student users.
Note: by default, your highest level OU will be selected. Every OU beneath the selected OU will inherit these OU settings, including force-installed extensions.
- Scroll down to the Apps and Extensions section heading, and click on Manage force-installed apps in the Force-installed Apps and Extensions section.
- Click Specify a Custom App
- Add the two GoGuardian extension IDs and URLs contained in your GoGuardian Deployment page.
- Click Add.
- Check to see if both extension IDs appear in the Total to force install panel:
- Click Save.
- Click Save again, at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat steps 5-12 for any other OUs containing student users.