- Administrator-level access to your organization’s G Suite for Education account.
- Your GoGuardian extension IDs
1. Locate your GoGuardian Extensions
Every GoGuardian account has a unique pair of Chrome extensions. To find your organization's extensions, sign in to GoGuardian using your Admin credentials and visit https://manage.goguardian.com/products/setup.
Org Management > Products > Quick Install Guide
Keep this window open for the next step!
2. Force-Install the Extensions
- Using your Google Admin Credentials, sign in to admin.google.com
- Click Devices
- On the left panel, select Chrome. In the dropdown that appears, select Apps & extensions. Under this second dropdown, select Users & browsers.
- In Users & Browsers, on the left panel, click the OU on the left that contains the student accounts that you intend to filter and monitor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you wish to monitor all users in the organization, including teachers and staff, highlight the domain-level (top-level) OU for your organization.
- Scroll down and click the link to the apps & extensions page
- Hover over the yellow plus sign at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click the second-from-top icon to Add Chrome app or extension by ID
- Click the drop-down menu to select From a Custom URL
- Refer back to the GoGuardian Quick Install Guide in Org Management for the App IDs and URLs
- Copy and paste the first App ID and URL into their respective fields, then click Save.
Note: Both extensions have unique installation URLs.
- In the resulting window for the app you've just installed, click the drop-down menu for Installation Policy. Select either Force Install or Force Install + Pin.
Example for the GoGuardian extension:
- On the right-hand menu for your newly installed extension, click the drop-down menu for Permissions and URL access and select Allow all permissions.
- Repeat steps 8-14 for the second App ID and URL into the respective fields, then click Save.