Beacon Dashboard and Alert Filtering
All Beacon alerts captured for your deployment will display on your Dashboard, based on your alert preferences. In some situations, you may only want to review alerts for a particular phase or phases, or within a designated date range. This article discusses a few ways to customize viewing alerts on your dashboard.
Log into the Beacon dashboard at beacon.goguardian.com to view all alert cards for your deployment. Alerts in the dashboard are displayed chronologically, with the newest alerts at the top. Alerts that have not yet been reviewed will have a dark blue border and highlighted information.
Use the Search Bar at the top of the dashboard to quickly find alerts pertaining to specific students, risk levels, or phases.
Beacon Search Bar
Users can quickly retrieve alerts by using the search bar at the top of the Beacon Dashboard.
- Student Name
- Email Address
- Risk Level
- Unresolved Alerts
- "Reviewed and cleared" action not toggled - NEW Feature!
Search results will be displayed in chronological order, with the most recent at the top. To load more results, scroll down to the end of the page.
Note: For Beacon Starter, you cannot search by Risk Level.
Filtering Alerts on your Dashboard
Users have the ability to filter the alerts on their dashboard by phase. Click the desired phase or phases from the options at the top of your dashboard to narrow down your list of alerts. Alerts can also be sorted by a particular time frame using the date range filter.
Alert Quickview Cards
Quickview Cards provide a summary of each alert. The full report can be accessed by clicking the card. Alert cards will never disappear and will remain on the dashboard indefinitely.
- First and Last Name of the student
- Email Address of the student
- Time of the alert
- Predicted Phase - Phase can be confirmed from the alert card by hovering over the phase badge.
- Risk - By default, alerts do not come with a risk level. Risk Level must be set by a Counselor or Super Counselor.
- Primary Guardian Name and Phone Number
- Actions Taken - Which of the eight actions have been taken in response to the alert.