GoGuardian Beacon is powered by machine learning technology, which benefits and improves with human feedback and input. You can help improve the accuracy of future assessments by verifying the alert phase predicted by Beacon.
Did we Correctly Categorize this alert?
Verify Predicted Phase Accuracy
- Click on the desired alert card.
- Click on “Did we get this right?”
- Under “Is this alert correct?” select one of the 3 options
- The alert is correct
- The alert is related to Suicide + Self Harm, but the phase is wrong
- The alert is not related to Suicide + Self Harm
- Active Planning - online behavior and/or content that may demonstrate the student is actively planning their suicide such as looking up methodologies, suicide notes, etc
- Suicide Ideation - online behavior and/or content that may demonstrate the student’s suicidal tendencies, such as writing “I want to die” but that may not indicate they are actively planning their suicide.
- Self Harm - online behavior and/or content that may demonstrate a student’s desire to self-injure themselves on purpose, such as through cutting.
- Help and Support - online behavior and/or content that may demonstrate the student is looking for help and support resources such as hotline numbers, American Foundation Suicide Prevention documents, support forums, etc. for either themselves or a peer.
- Suicide Research - online behavior and/or content may demonstrate the student is looking up general statistics and information about suicide, as one may do for a class assignment versus exhibiting signs of suicide ideation.
Your feedback will be integrated into the prediction model and will help with accuracy in future alerts.