Creating Beacon Deployments
Super Users will have the ability to create unique deployments, or groups of OUs, that follow specific settings set within Beacon. Each deployment will have a unique Escalation List customized for that deployment.
We recommend creating each deployment based on the users who should be notified for a specific set of OUs. When selecting OUs for your deployment, each sub-OU you wish to include must be selected. Beacon will not automatically include child sub-OUs of a parent OU. While there is no limit to the number of OUs for a single deployment, each OU can only be part of one deployment.
Note: Remember to update deployment configurations any time changes are made to your OU structure.
To Create a GoGuardian Beacon Deployment
Note: Before creating Beacon deployments, we recommend syncing your OUs, located in the top right corner.
- As a Super User, navigate to Org Management at manage.goguardian.com.
- Click on the Products tab.
- Navigate to Beacon on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Create Deployment.
- Name your deployment and complete the Description field.
- Click on the OUs search field within the Available OUs tile to filter and select OU(s) to include in this deployment.
- Click Add OU to move it into the Deployment OUs tile.
- Select Create Deployment when all desired OUs have been added. It may take up to 30 minutes for newly-added OUs to surface alerts.
- To activate and configure the settings for this deployment click Resolve in Beacon. This will take you to the Beacon settings page for additional configuration.
Note: A deployment is not active until at least one user is added to the Escalation List to be notified if an alert is triggered.
Deleting Beacon Deployments
If you have no further use for a specific deployment or the deployment was created in error, you can remove the deployment by clicking the Delete button on the right side. To confirm that you would like to permanently delete the deployment, enter your email address then click the Delete button.
Note: The "Delete" button will highlight once your email address is entered.