Creating Beacon Deployments
Super Users will have the ability to create unique deployments, or groups of OUs, that follow specific settings set within Beacon. Each deployment will have a unique Escalation List customized for that deployment.
We recommend creating each deployment by school, grade level, building, or any other custom preferences determined by your counselors, administration and/or crisis management team to handle the recommended configurations for each Escalation List.
There is no limit on the number of OUs that can be added to a single deployment. However, in order to effectively manage your OUs and alerts, we recommend keeping this limited to a manageable number of OUs.
When selecting your OUs for your deployment, each sub-OU you wish to include must be selected. Beacon will not automatically include child sub-OUs of a parent OU.
Note: While there is no limit to the number of OUs for a single deployment, each OU can only be part of one deployment.
Deployments will first need to be created in Org Management (manage.goguardian.com) by a Super User.
- As a Super User, log into Org Management here
- Click on the Products tab
- Click on Beacon Deployments on the left
Creating a New Deployment
- To create a new deployment, choose the Create Deployment button within Beacon Deployments
- Name your deployment and complete the Description field
- Click on the OUs search field within the Available OUs tile to search for and select an OU to include in this deployment. Click on the button in the middle labeled > Add OU to move it into the Deployment OUs tile. Click on the search field in the Available OUs tile again to find and add an additional OU. If you want to remove an OU from your deployment, click on the search field within the Deployment OUs tile to search for and select the OU, and then click on the button in the middle labeled < Remove OU to remove it from your deployment.
- Tip: Create specific deployments for each campus or grade level
- Click Create Deployment
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for alerts from newly-added OUs to surface in the new deployment they are added to.
Beacon Deployment Warnings
A red exclamation point refers to an empty Escalation List. Users with Super User or Super Counselor permissions will need to check the Escalation list within GoGuardian Beacon for this deployment and add users to the list, as necessary.
NOTE: Upon creating a new deployment, the Super User must log into Beacon and add at least one user to the Escalation List to be notified if a report is triggered.
How to Add a User to the Escalation List
- Log into beacon.goguardian.com, or click the "Resolve in Beacon" link within Org Management
- Navigate to Settings > Staff Notifications
- Add at least one user to the Escalation List
- Verify the Interval Time and After-School Notifications settings
- Click Save
Deleting Beacon Deployments
If you have no further use for a specific deployment or the deployment was created in error, you can use the Delete link to delete that deployment. To confirm that you would like to permanently delete the deployment, enter your email address then click the Delete button.
Note: The "Delete" button will highlight once your email address is entered.