Bulk Update User Permissions
Super Users can manage users' accounts and permissions using the bulk edit workflow in Org Management (manage.goguardian.com).
Bulk Update Workflow
- Download the Master CSV
- Edit the Master CSV
- Upload the updated Master CSV
- Bulk Add/Update User Status
1. Download the Master CSV
To download your Master CSV, click Download CSV in the top left corner of User Management. Save the file to your desktop, then open the file in a spreadsheet editor of your choice.
2. Modify the Master CSV
Using your spreadsheet editor, make the necessary user permission changes. Save and export the spreadsheet as a CSV file. Ensure the Master CSV formatting is correct and all columns contain valid values.
For more information on Master CSV columns and values, please visit Formatting a CSV for Org Management.
Protip: Master CSVs can be broken up into smaller CSVs, as long as they have the required column headers and are formatted appropriately.
3. Upload the Master CSV
Once your CSV is ready to go, it's time to re-upload.
- Click Bulk Add/Edit
- Drag your CSV into the upload field, or browse through your files and select it.
- Click Upload CSV
Once uploaded, you will receive a confirmation message and any error messages that the CSV may have triggered.
4. Bulk Add/Edit User Status
At any point, if you wish to bulk-update users status to archived or active you may do so with the following steps shown here:
- Click on the Bulk Add/Edit button on the Org Management dashboard
- Click on Download CSV button
- Save the appropriate CSV file
- Edit the Status Column either Archived or Active
- Once changes are properly adjusted, save/export the CSV file and rename
- Navigate back to the Org Management account and click on Bulk Add/Edit
- Select and upload the CSV file that you wish to update these changes