Setting Up Your Beacon Profile
Each user with access to GoGuardian Beacon will need to set up their Beacon profile upon the first login. Within your Beacon Profile settings, you can set your cell phone number, verify your permissions, and choose whether or not to receive text message notifications for Beacon alerts.
You can update your phone number here at any time, but your name and email address are linked to the User Management section in Org Management. If your name or email needs to be updated, please contact your organization's Super User(s) to update this in Org Management.
Your Beacon Profile
- Log in to beacon.goguardian.com.
- Click Settings > Your Beacon Profile.
- Verify your name and email address are accurate. If any field needs to be updated, it must be modified within Org Management by a Super User.
- Enter in your Cell Phone Number if you wish to opt-in to text message notifications related to your deployment's Beacon Alerts (Optional)
- Verify that your permissions given by your Super User are accurate. You can find more about user permissions in Beacon here.
- Specify if you would like to be notified by both e-mail and text message. Email notifications are checked by default and cannot be disabled.
- Click Save to save all updates and changes
Name & Email Address
Your name and email address are set by your Super User in Org Management and cannot be modified in Beacon. Send a request to your Super User to update this information.
Cell Phone Number
The Cell Phone Number field is used by Beacon's text message notification service. Once a number is entered, text message notifications can be enabled.
The Permissions section displays the level of permissions for your account along with a list of abilities and tasks you have access to within Beacon. Only Super Users may modify permissions, so if you would like your permissions increased, please send a request to your Super User Admin. More information about user permissions and roles can be found here.
Select how you would like to be notified when Beacon detects a student accessing suicide-related content. Email notifications are required and cannot be disabled, while text message notifications are optional. Notifications are required for Active Planning alerts, however, all other phases are optional. You can access more information about these preferences here.
Note: Email and text message notifications are only sent to users on the Escalation List.