GoGuardian Beacon includes a feature that can alert parents or guardians when a student is browsing self-harm or suicide-related content. Beacon can automatically notify a parent or guardian after school hours via email and/or text message* to help provide support for an at-risk child by enabling parental notifications after school hours.
School Hours can be selected in Beacon Settings.
The information found in a Guardian Notification includes the student name and a message with parent resources for your school to customize. Please note that the browsing history or content that triggered the Beacon alert will not be included in the Guardian Notification home to the parents/guardians. Because of this, a parent or guardian will need to contact your school to obtain more details about the alert, which is one reason why adding school point(s) of contact to your school’s Guardian Notification message is critical.
Parent notifications can be enabled under Beacon Settings and the Parent Notifications tab.
Schools will notify parents or guardians using contact information associated with their child in the school’s system. It is critical that schools obtain and maintain current and active parent/guardian email addresses and phone numbers on file at all times. It is important for parents to understand that in order to receive alerts from Beacon, any changes to their contact information should be communicated to their school so their records can be updated.
Important Reminders for Guardian Notifications:
- Customize the message for Guardian Notifications to meet your particular school’s/district’s needs. Even though you can customize this message, it is important to include helpful information and resources for parents. Remember that these guardian notifications are sent to parents/guardians after school hours, so you want to help parents and guardians support their child in the event that they cannot reach your school right away.
- Add your school/district point(s) of contact to the Guardian Notification message. These school points of contact will help parents/guardians know who to contact at your school when they receive a parent/guardian notification.
- Upload and Maintain Accurate Parent/Guardian Contact Information
- Parent/Guardian information and relationships can be uploaded at manage.goguardian.com/guardians at any time.
- Upload parent/guardian Guardian Information into Org Management.
- Maintain the accuracy of parent/guardian contact information. Guardianship status and parent/guardian contact information can change. It is important that the right people receive the Beacon notification message so that a child can get the help that they need!
- Remind parents/guardians to maintain current contact information, including instructions for how they can update your school/district if their contact information changes. Your school may also want to remind parents / guardians to confirm their current contact information from time to time.
- Educate Parents/Guardians About Suicide Prevention and Resources
- Before enabling Guardian Notifications, please remember to inform and educate parents/guardians about your school’s/district’s adoption of Beacon, what they should expect to see in a Beacon notification, and suicide prevention strategies, and parent resources / next steps if parents/guardians receive a notification or otherwise suspect that their child may be at risk of suicide.
- Communicating with Parents/Guardians
If you are a parent or guardian looking for more information about GoGuardian Beacon, please contact your child’s school/district.
If you or someone you know may be struggling with suicidal thoughts, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline '1-800-273-TALK (8255)' or text TALK to 741741 at the Crisis Text Line. They’re here for you. If you have an emergency, call 911.
*standard carrier rates may apply to any text messages