Super Users are now able to integrate their Student Information System (SIS). At this time, GoGuardian supports Clever or ClassLink integrations.
The following will be integrated:
- Teacher accounts
- Classroom (Title and associated co-teachers)
- Student Rosters
Note: Only 1 integration is possible at this time.
Integrate with SIS
To integrate with their SIS, customers will go through a two-step activation process.
- A district will make a connection with GoGuardian in Clever or ClassLink’s native user portals. This happens when the district invites GoGuardian to connect.
- Once a connection has been made, a district can navigate to the Integrations tab in Org Management and click “Link Clever” or “Link ClassLink”. After they authenticate using their Clever or ClassLink credentials (email and password), they are set up and ready to start leveraging SIS data in GoGuardian.
Your selected integration will sync nightly, but if changes are made in your SIS during the day and an immediate update is required, we recommend manually syncing.
To perform a manual sync, please navigate to Org Management > Integrations
The length of this sync will vary depending on the size of your integrated data.
Note: Currently we are not able to integrate classroom sizes of more than 115 students.
Teachers will automatically be added to Org Management and will be distinguished with an integration symbol. The sync will match teacher accounts with any user accounts that already exist in Org Management and will update them with integration symbol. A new account will be created for any emails that don't exist within Org Management. When users are deleted from the SIS, they will remain in Org Management as a GoGuardian created account, without the integration symbol. It is not possible to delete users at this time.
Integrated classrooms will be viewable as a "Pending Classroom" to the owner of each classroom. They will be able to Accept or Decline the classroom.
If they Decline the classroom, it will be viewable in their "Archived" tab and may be restored at any time.
If they Accept the classroom, it will be added to their "Active" classrooms and any fellow Teachers within that classroom will be able to see it in their account as well.
Note: The Primary Teacher in Clever/ClassLink will become an “Owner” of the classroom and all other associated Teachers will have “Teacher" permissions. In case there is more than one primary teachers, multiple “Owners” will be assigned. To learn more about GoGuardian Teacher permissions, click here.
Modifying Students/Teachers in a Classroom
At this time, all changes must be made in the integrated SIS. Alternatively, classrooms can also be created directly in GoGuardian for increased flexibility if roster changes are needed frequently.
If you'd like to limit all classrooms created to those synced into GoGuardian from Clever, please reach out to our Implementation Team
Note: During an active session, students may be excluded at any time.
If you have recommendations or would like to give feedback to our product team, please fill out this form.
"Clever Only" Classrooms
If you are integrating with Clever, you have the option to set classrooms to "Clever Only", which will limit all classrooms to those synced into GoGuardian from Clever. For more information about this, please reach out to our Implementation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be reporting on two types of failures:
Sync Status Failure - This is the overarching status that identifies, “is this working?”
This is typically tied to an issue with our connection, either via provisioning or overall connection failure (API related or service related).
Entity Data Failure - This is tied to a specific data entity. For example, if an organization syncs and receives all teachers but only a few students, we can identify this as a data entity failure. Most of the time this is not something we can fix on GoGuardian’s end, and typically is tied to missing emails or other pieces of information. For these issues, we will need to direct users to their SIS or Clever/ClassLink.
- Although rare, errors may occur during syncs. One possible reason for this error is the size of the classroom. Please note classroom sizes are a maximum of 115 students. To successfully sync these classrooms, please divide these classrooms to smaller groups.
- GoGuardian leverages email addresses as key identifiers for users. GoGuardian requires valid email addresses for teachers and students in order for the system to sync properly. If an email is invalid or missing, GoGuardian will not sync that specific entity.