As the Semester/Year comes to a close, there are some best practices we recommend for GoGuardian Teacher.
Archive and update classroom settings as needed.
- Archive Completed Classes: In addition to cleaning up your Classroom dashboard, this will also stop any pre-scheduled classes from running and will cut down on overlap of scenes with other teachers. Here is a help desk article: How to Archive a Classroom
- Update your schedules: Ensure that your class times are updated, if applicable: Add or Modify Classroom Schedules
- Import or create your new classrooms: This will cut down on your “first day back” stress if you have your classes already created for the new semester/year. Create a New Classroom
For Super Users:
Update Org Management page with any staff or setting changes.
- Disable sessions over break: *OPTIONAL*: During a break, some districts select not to allow any classroom sessions. By toggling this to grey, this will prevent any classroom session from starting. To turn this on, please navigate to Org Management > Products > Teacher Settings here: https://manage.goguardian.com/products/teacher/settings. *Note: This setting must be enabled to allow any sessions to start again. We recommend setting a reminder.
- Disable old users: When staff leave your district, we recommend disabling their account and changing their name. By disabling the account, you will be preventing their classes from running. Changing their name to start with "Z" will move them to the bottom of your list. You can also filter by "Enabled" users at any time. Click here to learn more about Managing User Accounts or Read this FAQ on best practices when disabling accounts.
- Adding new users: Adding in any new staff will put you ahead of the game for the start of the upcoming semester! Please ensure each user is Enabled and at least 1 product is enabled. Create / Manage Individual User Accounts or Bulk Upload Accounts via CSV
- Manage user permissions: If you have any staff members who have changed their roles, please go through and edit their permissions to ensure they have the appropriate access to products and student information. Click here to learn more about Roles, User Permissions, and OU Access
- Make sure that the GoGuardian extensions are applied to any new OUs that may be coming through this semester: Please verify with our GoGuardian Install guide to ensure your new students receive the GoGuardian Extensions upon their first login.
GoGuardian Teacher Install Guide: How to Deploy GoGuardian Teacher