GoGuardian Admin End of Year/Semester Best Practices
As the Semester/Year comes to a close, there are some best practices we recommend for each of our products:
Ensure filtering and monitoring settings are updated.
- Manually sync your Google Admin Console: You will want to do this to make sure any graduating students or students leaving the district before the next semester are not still being filtered and monitored. Click here to learn more about Importing / Syncing OUs from Google Admin Console
- Update Filtering and Monitoring for Out of School mode: *OPTIONAL*: We recommend you check your "Out of School mode" settings at the start and end of the school year/semester to ensure it is set appropriately for your district's needs. Click here to learn more about Scheduling Settings: Out of School Mode
For Super Users:
Update Org Management page with any staff or setting changes.
- Disable old users: When staff leave your district, we recommend disabling their accounts and changing their name. By disabling the account, you will be preventing their classes from running. Changing their name to start with "Z" will move them to the bottom of your list. You can also filter by "Enabled" users at any time. Click here to learn more about Managing User Accounts or Read this FAQ on best practices when disabling accounts.
- Adding new users: Adding in any new staff will put you ahead of the game for the start of the upcoming semester! Please ensure each user is Enabled and at least 1 product is enabled. Create / Manage Individual User Accounts or Bulk Upload Accounts via CSV
- Manage user permissions: If you have any staff members who have changed their roles, please go through and edit their permissions to ensure they have the appropriate access to products and student information. Click here to learn more about Roles, User Permissions, and OU Access
- Make sure that the GoGuardian extensions are applied to any new OUs that may be coming through this semester: Please verify with our GoGuardian Install guide to ensure your new students receive the GoGuardian Extensions upon their first login.
GoGuardian Admin Install Guide: How to Install GoGuardian Extensions
Additional Articles for Review: