GoGuardian Parent is an application available on devices running iOS and Android designed to enable IT Administrators to share managed user history collected via GoGuardian Admin and GoGuardian Teacher with verified parents and guardians.
UPDATE: GoGuardian Parent now provides Parents and Guardians with the ability to pause their children's internet, block specific websites, and schedule internet availability on managed devices. These features have no guaranteed functionality on personally owned, unmanaged student devices.
NOTE: GoGuardian Parent is currently compatible with iOS versions equal to or newer than iOS 8 and Android version equal to or newer than Android Jelly Bean, v16, 4.1.x.
IT Administrators manage the following information in GoGuardian Parent:
- Verified Guardians along with their relationship to monitored student accounts.
- Data sets that are available for up to the past 30 days within the application.
NOTE: Browsing activity outside of school hours may not be available depending on administrative configuration.
- A list of the student's top 5 Top visited domains, GSuite Files, Youtube videos, Google Searches, and installed Chrome Apps/Extensions.
- A count of how many times Teachers using GoGuardian Teacher have guided the student's browsing behavior by closing tabs, locking browsing, opening specified tabs, or blocking access to websites.
NOTE: This feature depends on the account's subscription status to GoGuardian Teacher and may be unavailable.
- Browsing activity by domain logged within GoGuardian Admin filtered/monitored devices tied to the student's managed Google account.
IT departments or administrators manage the following functionality for parental internet controls within GoGuardian Parent:
Limited internet filtering options can be managed by Parents/Guardians using the GoGuardian Parent application only when an administrator has enabled Out of School mode within GoGuardian Admin as well as enabled the specified feature toggles within the Org Management portal available to Super Users via https://manage.goguardian.com -> Products -> Parent
Website FilteringAllows guardians to block students from accessing specific websites during out of school hours.
On Demand Internet PausingAllow guardians to pause internet access on demand for students during out of school hours.
Scheduled Internet PausingAllow guardians to schedule periods of paused internet access for students during out of school hours.
If you are interested in or having trouble using these features as a Parent/Guardian, please contact your child's school's IT department or administration.