How to Integrate Clever with GoGuardian
This document is meant to provide you with the instructions necessary to integrate Clever for your GoGuardian Account
- For GoGuardian Teacher, Clever will import Teacher Accounts and Classroom Information including classroom title, student rosters, and any associated co-teachers.
- For Parent App or GoGuardian Beacon, Clever will import the Guardian information.
- *Optional: For clients who do not use Google Admin Console, Clever can import OUs.
Note: Guardian information will automatically be pulled in as well for GoGuardian Parent, but access to Parent App can be bulk disabled via CSV.
Note: Organizations that only use GoGuardian Admin and the Parent App can still integrate GoGuardian with Clever to sync students' parent/guardian data. However, teacher and classroom data will also be automatically synced due to the fact that students are always linked to teachers and classrooms in Clever.
1. IMPORTANT BEFORE INTEGRATING - Double-check the email fields of your teachers and students within the Clever database as follows:
- Confirm that existing teacher emails are identical between the GoGuardian platform and the Clever database. The two domains need to match; otherwise, duplicate accounts will be created for teachers.
- Confirm that existing student emails in Clever are also identical to their accounts in Google Admin Console. In Windows environments, existing student emails in Clever should be identical to their email accounts in Active Directory.
2a. Add GoGuardian as an application in the Clever platform.
Invite GoGuardian (Rostering) as an App in your Clever dashboard at the following path:
- https://schools.clever.com/ > Applications > Request Applications > Search GoGuardian > Request App
Note: If you experience a delay in approval, reach out to email@example.com to expedite your request.
2b. Set up sharing rules for GoGuardian.
Clever has custom sharing rules and standard rules:
- [RECOMMENDED] Custom sharing rules activates a sharing wizard where organizations can granularly select which schools, teachers, and enrolled classes they plan on sharing.
- Standard sharing rules shares all data in Clever.
- Tip: Consider sharing a test or pilot classroom and teacher account first.
- Tip: To modify what guardian data is shared for each student, edit the student fields in the Field Access feature in Clever.
3. Link Clever in GoGuardian.
If rosters have not yet turned over, consider holding off on running the sync until new rosters are in SIS and Clever.
Navigate to manage.goguardian.com > Integrations > ‘Link with Clever’
- Tip: Confirm that the most up-to-date rosters live in the Clever system before running the sync.
This flow will authenticate your organization. If you’re already logged in to Clever, the browser will redirect back to manage.goguardian.com. If you are not logged in, the browser will prompt you to input credentials and then redirect back.
4. Sync your classes.
After linking, you’ll see the Sync Now button. Press this button to initiate the first data sync.
After the sync completes, you can view the results of the sync.
- Note: If there are errors, please download the log and refer to your Clever database for investigation. Any errors in the data sync are most commonly caused by missing or incorrect email addresses.
Once you have successfully integrated Clever and GoGuardian, your data will sync nightly or you can always manually sync.