How to Integrate Clever with GoGuardian
This document is meant to provide you with the instructions necessary to integrate your Teachers, Students, and Classrooms through Clever (and your S.I.S.) for your GoGuardian Account.
This feature automates rostering for teachers and integrates teacher accounts in GoGuardian’s Org Management platform (manage.goguardian.com).
1. Add GoGuardian as an application in the Clever platform.
Invite GoGuardian (Rostering) as an App in your Clever dashboard at the following path:
- https://schools.clever.com/ > Applications > Request Applications > Search GoGuardian > Request App
2. Set up sharing rules for GoGuardian.
Clever has custom sharing rules and standard rules:
- [RECOMMENDED] Custom sharing rules activates a sharing wizard where organizations can granularly select which schools, teachers, and enrolled classes they plan on sharing.
- Standard sharing rules shares all data in Clever.
- Tip: Consider sharing a test or pilot classroom and teacher account first.
3. Link Clever in GoGuardian.
If rosters have not yet turned over, consider holding off on running the sync until new rosters are in SIS and Clever.
Navigate to manage.goguardian.com > Integrations > ‘Link with Clever’
- Tip: Confirm that the most up-to-date rosters live in the Clever system before running the sync.
This flow will authenticate your organization. If you’re already logged in to Clever, the browser will redirect back to manage.goguardian.com. If you are not logged in, the browser will prompt you to input credentials and then redirect back.
Note: This integration first needs to be first approved from within Clever. Once this is done, reach out to email@example.com to access the integration from within Org Management.
4. Sync your classes.
After linking, you’ll see the Sync Now button. Press this button to initiate the first data sync.
After the sync completes, you can view the results of the sync.
- Note: Any errors in the data sync for Teachers and/or Students are most commonly caused by missing or incorrect email addresses. For classroom errors, if the Teacher’s email address has an error as described above, the Teacher and therefore the Classroom cannot be synced.
Our product team is working on building a detailed reporting system for errors. In the meantime, if you would like to inquire around any errors, please reach out to our Support Team.
Once you have successfully integrated Clever and GoGuardian, your data will sync every night between midnight and 3 AM Pacific Time.