Instructions for Integrating ClassLink with GoGuardian
This document is meant to provide you with the instructions necessary to Integrate ClassLink for your GoGuardian Account.
Classlink imports different data for the different GoGuardian product:
For GoGuardian Teacher, ClassLink will import Teacher Accounts and Classroom Information including classroom title, student rosters, and any associated co-teachers.
For Parent App or GoGuardian Beacon, ClassLink will import the Guardian information.
ClassLink requires organizations to start the setup process in the ClassLink portal before an organization is able to run a sync with GoGuardian.
1. Confirm that there is data in your ClassLink portal.
If your data is not in the ClassLink portal, you can check the following:
- If you have not synced your SIS and would like to, you should contact your support rep at ClassLink. ClassLink does have documentation on how to make the initial connection if you search for your SIS in your ClassLink portal.
- If you have not synced your SIS and plan on uploading files, you should contact your support rep at ClassLink.
Initiate an initial sync and import rosters (or upload files manually). Please be sure you are using the correct, current rosters.
2. Confirm that the email fields of the teachers in Classlink are identical to the emails that already live in manage.goguardian.com.
- If these two emails conflict, duplicate accounts will be created for teachers.
3. Add GoGuardian as an application in Classlink.
Invite GoGuardian as an App in Classlink at the following path:
- https://launchpad.classlink.com/home > ClassLink Roster Server > Applications > Search GoGuardian > Add Application
4. Set up sharing rules with GoGuardian.
ClassLink has custom sharing rules and standard rules:
- [RECOMMENDED] Custom sharing rules activates a sharing wizard where organizations can granularly select which schools, teachers, and enrolled classes they plan on sharing.
- Standard sharing rules shares all data in ClassLink.
- When using ClassLink, navigate to Applications and find GoGuardian in the table. Click on the icon next to the edit pencil icon which is called sanity check. After sharing rules are set, clicking on this icon will show a breakdown of what data is being shared. This is a great tool to spot check if you are sharing the data you’ve intended to share with GoGuardian.
- Consider sharing a test or pilot classroom and teacher account first.
5. Link ClassLink in GoGuardian.
Navigate to manage.goguardian.com > Integrations > ‘Link with ClassLink/Clever’
This flow will authenticate your organization. If you’re already logged in to ClassLink, it will just show a redirect back to manage.goguardian.com. If you are not logged in, it will prompt you to input credentials and then redirects back.
6. Sync your classes.
After linking, you’ll see the Sync Now button. Pressing that will initiate the first data sync.
After the sync completes, you can view the results of the sync.
- Note: Any errors in the data sync for Teachers and/or Students are most commonly caused by missing or incorrect email addresses. For classroom errors, if the Teacher’s email address has an error as described above, the Teacher and therefore the Classroom cannot be synced.
- Tip: Confirm that the most up-to-date rosters live in the ClassLink system before running the sync.
Once you have successfully integrated ClassLink and GoGuardian, your data will sync nightly or you may manually sync.