Getting Started Guide: All Products
Welcome to GoGuardian! We're excited to get you started!
Please select the desired product for onboarding steps. Alternatively, we have a Super User Onboarding Course.
- Deploy GoGuardian
- Extensions to student Organizational Units in the Google Admin Console (Chromebooks/Windows). Here is our deployment guide.(Note: the GoGuardian extensions only need to be deployed once. If they were already installed during GoGuardian Teacher setup, this step may be skipped.)
- For Gateway deployments (non-Chromebooks), please use this guide for deployment. (Note: Access to this page in Org Management will need to be turned on by your account representative.)
- Enable / Add Admins at manage.goguardian.com. Admins can be added/updated in bulk or one-by-one. Here is an explanation of permission levels for Admin users. (This can only be done by Super Users).
- Sync OUs between Google Admin Console and GoGuardian to ensure all students are associated with their correct OU.
- Blocking sites by category in the Default filtering policy (for example, Entertainment, Archives, Malicious Sites, and Weapons). Navigate to your first policy by going to Filtering -> Configuration -> Default (dark blue tag).
- Utilize our YouTube filter to block Comments, Live Chat, Sidebar, Categories, or Keywords, and Age Restriction.
- Create a Smart Alerts Trigger to block explicit content or send a warning message to students. Smart Alerts uses AI to determine whether an uncategorized site is likely explicit.
- Decide which toggles to enable in our Global Settings page. It's also possible to customize the block page here if desired.
- Apply Advanced Filtering to your Policies
- Configure Out of School Mode if necessary. Note: By default, GoGuardian will filter and monitor with the same policy 24/7. If you’d prefer to turn off monitoring or set an alternative policy for students during after-school hours, use Out-of-School Mode.
- Install Theft Recovery to track missing or stolen devices.
- Send resources for Admin training for your users.
- (Optional) To install GoGuardian for Windows, please navigate to manage.goguardian.com/windows.
Here are some other helpful links related to GoGuardian Admin:
- Deploy the two GoGuardian extensions to student Organizational Units in the Google Admin Console. Here is our deployment guide. (Note: the GoGuardian extensions only need to be deployed once. If they were already installed during GoGuardian Admin setup, please skip.
NOTE: If your organization does not use Google Admin Console, please reach out to account representative to deploy GoGuardian Teacher.
- Add Users to Org Management - Teachers may also be integrated using Clever or ClassLink.
- Configure Teacher Product Settings.
- Review resources for Teacher Training for your users.
- (optional) For GoGuardian for Windows, please navigate to manage.goguardian.com/windows.
NOTE: The following directions are for Beacon Starter. For GoGuardian Core and 24/7 Implementation, please reach out to your account representative.
- Deploy GoGuardian Extensions: This can be skipped if you've already configured deployed the extensions for another product, such as GoGuardian Admin.
- Configure User Permissions: Ensure users who need access to Beacon are given appropriate roles in Org Management.
- Create Your Deployment(s) in Org Management
- Set up Users: Add yourself to the User List and complete your new user profile. (Add additional users to this deployment as needed. Note: Users must have Beacon permissions in Org Management in order to be added.)
- Configure your applicable Beacon Settings.
- Add users to your Escalation List: The Escalation List under Staff Notifications is separate from your Users List. (Note: Beacon Starter only allows 1 email on the Escalation List at this time. However, we recommend creating a distribution list to allow multiple users to receive an email at the same time.)
- Add your Guardians' contact information and relationships (optional): Add parents/guardians under the Guardians tab either one-by-one or by CSV upload, and link them to your students by adding Relationships
- Send Communication Resources (optional)
We also have a GoGuardian DNS Onboarding Course that walks through necessary steps.
- Setup GoGuardian DNS
- Add Ad-Deflect (premium add-on, if applicable)
- Review relevant Help Center Content for DNS
Essential Steps to Getting Started with GoGuardian Director
- Enable GoGuardian Director quickly using the steps here.