Getting Started Guide: All Products
Welcome to GoGuardian! We're excited to get you started! Please select the desired product for self-service onboarding steps.
- Deploy the two GoGuardian extensions to student Organizational Units in the Google Admin Console. Here is our deployment guide.(Note: the GoGuardian extensions only need to be deployed once. If they were already installed during GoGuardian Teacher setup, this step may be skipped.)
- Sync OUs between Google Admin Console and GoGuardian to ensure all students are associated with their correct OU.
- Consider blocking sites by category in the Default filtering policy (for example, Entertainment, Archives, Malicious Sites, and Weapons). Navigate to your first policy by going to Filtering -> Configuration -> Default (dark blue tag).
- Utilize our YouTube filter to block Comments, Live Chat, Sidebar, Categories, or Keywords, and Age Restriction.
- Create a Smart Alerts Trigger to block explicit content or send a warning message to students. Smart Alerts uses AI to determine whether an uncategorized site is likely explicit.
- Decide which toggles to enable in our Global Settings page. It's also possible to customize the block page here if desired.
- Configure Out of School Mode if necessary. Note: By default, GoGuardian will filter and monitor with the same policy 24/7. If you’d prefer to turn off monitoring or set an alternative policy for students during after-school hours, use Out-of-School Mode.
- Install Theft Recovery to track missing or stolen devices.
- Add Further Admins (technical staff or building administrators) at manage.goguardian.com. Admins can be added in bulk or one-by-one. Here is an explanation of permission levels for Admin users.
- Send resources for Admin training for your users such as Webinar and Video Training.
- (Optional) To install GoGuardian for Windows, please navigate to manage.goguardian.com/windows.
Here are some other helpful links related to GoGuardian Admin:
- Advanced Filtering
- Review a Student's Web Browsing
- Types of GoGuardian Block Pages
- Admin Activity Log
- Admin Webinar Signup
- Deploy the two GoGuardian extensions to student Organizational Units in the Google Admin Console. Here is our deployment guide. (Note: the GoGuardian extensions only need to be deployed once. If they were already installed during GoGuardian Admin setup, please skip.
- Add Users to Org Management - Teachers may also be integrated using Clever or ClassLink.
- Configure Teacher Product Settings.
- Review resources for Teacher Training for your users.
- (optional) For GoGuardian for Windows, please navigate to manage.goguardian.com/windows.
- All clients who would like to trial or purchase Beacon require an onboarding call with our Implementation Team. Please reach out to your individual account rep.
Essential Steps to Getting Started with GoGuardian Director
- Enable GoGuardian Director quickly using the steps here.