GoGuardian now supports OU synchronization via Active Directory. To get started with access to change the OU sync source to Active Directory, please reach out to your account representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should I be using Active Directory to sync OUs?
GoGuardian currently only recommends schools or districts that do not use Google Admin Console to use the new Active Directory OU sync method. If your school or district currently ONLY uses Windows/Active Directory and NOT Google Admin Console, please reach out to your account representative or email@example.com to get started.
How does it work?
GoGuardian's Active Directory OU Sync is implemented by installing our MSI package to the Active Directory server, configuring the access token generated by GoGuardian within the manage.goguardian.com portal in the application, and selecting the desired OUs to sync into GoGuardian from the OU list pulled from the server.
Note: Only one OU provider can be used with GoGuardian. Enabling AD/OU sync will disable GAC or Clever OUs.
Once Active Directory OU sync has been enabled for the account:
- Navigate to the Org Management portal at manage.goguardian.com and click on the Integrations tab at the top of the page. Then, click on the OU Settings tab on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to Active Directory and click Link Active Directory
- Once enabled, the panel will change to include instructions and a button to download the application and a box to copy the application token, along with the OU list which will be populated later. Click the button to Download Application.
- After the application has been downloaded, it must be installed on the server itself. Run the application and click through the wizard to launch the application GoGuardian AD Sync.
- In the application, users are prompted to enter the desired time of daily sync along with a text box to enter the application token. Enter the desired time of day for the daily sync and copy/paste the application token from the manage organization portal: https://manage.goguardian.com/integrations/ou-settings After the required fields have been added, click Sync Now and wait for the completion confirmation.
- Once the completion confirmation is displayed, navigate back to https://manage.goguardian.com/integrations/ou-settings and refresh the page. The OUs should now be available in the OU List menu - click OU List to expand the directory tree and select the desired OUs for import.
NOTE: Only OUs user accounts are in will be required for import, but all OUs can be imported if desired.
- After all desired OUs have been selected for import, click the Sync Selected OUs button. A message should appear at the top right corner of the page to confirm any changes have been saved. Please wait a few moments for the changes to be applied.
NOTE: Larger OU structures with many user accounts can take up to 10 minutes to fully sync.
- Verify the OUs have been successfully imported by navigating to https://admin.goguardian.com/policy/assign/in-school.
Errors or trouble importing? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the version of Windows Server currently being used along with the error message.