How to review a Beacon 24/7 Alert
Video on How to Review an Alert
Escalated Active Planning alerts are student-triggered events that the GoGuardian Safety Support team has reviewed and escalated because the online behavior and/or content demonstrated methodologies, suicide notes, etc. These alerts can be reviewed within your GoGuardian Beacon dashboard. You can refer to your school's Suicide Prevention Policy to help in determining what actions your users take at this stage.
I got an email Notification, what now?
An email notification will be sent when Beacon detects that a student is browsing content related to self-harm, suicide, threats and violence. Members on the Escalation List will be sent an email from email@example.com containing a direct link to the alert card. Included in the email notification will be the student's name, deployment, and the current Escalation list in the order in which Safety Support staff will begin to call until contact is made.
Note: The browsing content related to self-harm or suicide that triggered the alert will not be included in the email.
To view the screenshots and sources of the triggered event use the link provided in the email to view browsing history, rationale, and screenshots within the alert card.
Click the "login" link in the Beacon Alert Notification email to access the alert.
- If prompted, sign in to GoGuardian Beacon
- The alert card will automatically be displayed
Review the alert content
Review Beacon 24/7 Alerts
The colored box indicates that these alerts need attention.
- Click on the alert card.
- Under The Rationale tab, there will be Screenshots and DOM text.
- Screenshots highlighting the content that triggered the alert.
- DOM text highlights specific terms that may be related to suicide or self-harm.
Resolve Beacon 24/7 Alerts
- Click on the alert card
- Review the information on the alert card
- Option 1: Toggle the action(s) taken
- Option 2: Select the risk level of the student
- Under “The Rationale tab” a summary from the Safety Support team will include details of successfully or unsuccessfully contacting a member on the Escalation list in regards to the escalated alert.
- Check the "Mark as Read" box to complete the alert once information has been reviewed.
- Under “ Previous Actions Taken” You can see the date, time, actions that have taken place for previous alerts by the User.
Note: Beacon users will still need to toggle all necessary "Actions Taken for This Alert" in order to properly resolve the alert. Toggling actions taken will also remove the blue outline around the alert card.