Formatting Your Escalation List CSV
What’s a CSV file?
CSV stands for Comma Separated Value and is a type of file that can make it easier to get large amounts of data from a spreadsheet or text file, into a database. GoGuardian Beacon 24/7 requires an Escalation List CSV file with staff coverage over a 24-hour period during both weekends and weekdays. We also ask for a Last Responder, who will be available at any time of the day.
How should my CSV file be formatted?
In order for your CSV file to be imported successfully by our Implementation team, your Escalation List should include staff coverage over a 24-hour period during both weekends and weekdays.
Download the CSV template at the bottom of this article to get you started.
The Escalation List for each Deployment in Beacon 24/7 should include the following fields listed below:
Example: Wally GoGuardian
Ensure that the email address listed is tied to an existing user in Org Management and that the user is added to the Beacon Deployment for which this CSV is being prepared.
Phone Number (required)
The phone number listed must be valid and should match what is listed for this user in Org Management.
Pro Tip: Try to avoid providing general office numbers that the Escalation List contact may not be picking up after hours
Priority (required for all, except Last Responder)
This is the priority of this user on the Escalation List. The lower the number, the higher the priority (i.e., Priority 1 is the highest priority). If there are multiple people available at a given time, then the one with the higher priority will be contacted first. For example, a person with priority 1 will be contacted before a person with priority 3.
This is the scheduled start time of this person’s availability on weekdays. The time listed here should be listed in your local timezone, and follow a 24-hour format (i.e., military time).
This is the scheduled end time of this person’s availability on weekdays. The time listed here should be listed in your local timezone, and follow a 24-hour format (i.e., military time).
This is the scheduled start time of this person’s availability on the weekends. The time listed here should be listed in your local timezone, and follow a 24-hour format.
This is the scheduled end time of this person’s availability on the weekends. The time listed here should be listed in your local timezone, and follow a 24-hour format.
This field describes if this person is the one to call if we could not reach all others on the Escalation List. A value set to 1 means this person is the Last Responder, a 0 value would mean they are not. Only the Last Responder should have a value of 1 in this column. Everyone else should have a value of 0. Fields left blank will have a 0 value.
Other General Requirements/Notes
- The schedules on the Escalation List should cover the 24 hour period on weekdays and weekends.
- The Escalation List should only have 1 designated Last Responder.
- The start time for any schedule can be greater than the end time of that schedule. For example, if the start time is 20:00 and the end time is 08:00 on the weekdays, then the person will be on schedule from 20:00 to 24:00 & 00:00 to 08:00 on the weekdays. This same logic is also applied to weekends.
- If you want to schedule an Escalation List member for a full 24 hours, set the start time as 00:00 and end time as 24:00.
- At a minimum, the Escalation List should include 2 contacts: 1 person and 1 Last Responder
- Escalations are focused on only school staff currently; while local police officials are not on the Escalation List, dedicated School Resource Officers can be part of the Escalation. Parents are currently not available on the school Escalation List for Beta.
Uploading your Escalation List CSV
The Escalation List CSV communicates which staff members should be contacted via phone call based on the time an Active Planning alert is generated. You can update your 24/7 Escalation List at any time. There is no limit to the number of times you can update your CSV Escalation List, however a properly formatted CSV file is required at all times.
To upload a new CSV Escalation List
- Navigate to Settings > Staff Notifications
- Click on the “24/7 Staff Notifications” tab
- Click “Upload Escalation List CSV”
- A popup window will appear where you can upload your CSV file.
If there are any issues with uploading your CSV file due to formatting, you will immediately be alerted with detailed information on what needs to be adjusted.