NOTE: Flagged activity are terms that appear within a webpage and are not to be confused with searches or search terms. A search for cats may cause what may appear to be inappropriate flagged activity.
Configuration Specific Articles:
GoGuardian searches through the content and metadata for every website visited on a monitored device to help catch inappropriate content that may slip past traditional filtering. View high-level lists of flagged sites for your entire organization or deep-dive into individual user activity to see exactly who was accessing the flagged content to help you better determine how to respond.
Navigate to the Flagged Activity tab to see a quick overview of the Flagged Activity. This can also be narrowed down to OU from the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
Starting from the left, you will see the domain that was flagged for inappropriate content, the flagged severity level and terms (larger numbers are more severe), the date and time that the activity occurred, the name of the user who accessed the site, and the actions you can take for this flag.
You can narrow down your results by using the search box to search for specific domains or by changing the timeframe for the information using the dropdown provided.
Clicking on the plus sign will display more information about the exact page that was visited and additional users that may have been flagged viewing pages on this domain. Below is an example of what might be displayed.
- The domain that was flagged. Clicking on this will open the flagged event to display more detail.
- The time/date that the flag occurred.
- The user that incurred the flag.
Note: You can have more than one user trigger a flagged event for a domain and they will all appear once you select the event itself.
- The term and level of the flag, calculated with a proprietary algorithm. Larger numbers indicate higher severity.
- Clicking this button will delete all the bundled flags from that domain (there can be multiple flags for a domain either from different users or the same user visiting several pages in a domain).
Note: This does not delete the term, it will only remove that specific activity.
- These are the words that were flagged. Hover over the +x more to view all of the flagged terms on that specific page or domain. The number next to the term represents how many times the term appeared on the page or in its meta data.
To edit what terms are flagged for your school or district, visit our guide on managing flagged terms HERE
For information on how flagged activity emails are sent click HERE
You can download a CSV of this information by first selecting the time frame that you'd like the data from (use the dropdown box) and press the button that says Download CSV.