FAQ: Who should I add to my Escalation List?
Each Escalation List should be composed of highly trusted school staff and administrators. The list must have at least one contact, but it is recommended to have two contacts and the Last Responder.
Please review the following list for best practices when creating your Escalation List:
- The list must have at least one contact of course, but it is recommended to have two and the Last Responder. Although all contacts are expected to answer their devices, we do understand that we may not be able to successfully make contact at times.
- Everyone listed must already be registered in Org Management and be listed as a User in Beacon. Names and emails must also match exactly what is in Org Management.
- It is important that each person chosen to be on this list has a clear understanding that they are responsible for being available to accept calls from our 24/7 Safety Support Specialist Team at any given time.
- Each Escalation List contact should be aware of your school’s Suicide Prevention Plan and know when it is to be initiated.
- We encourage that the Last Responder is always able to answer the phone regardless of any circumstance.