When trying to install an extension and run into this Ooops page. This block has been triggered by the Google Admin Console
Allowing installation of third-party apps and extensions in Google Admin Console
Extension deployment is managed via the Google Admin Console and takes priority over GoGuardian Admin settings. It is very important to make sure to allow the OUs containing student accounts to install desired extensions in the Google Admin Console before allowing them in GoGuardian.
How to allow or force install the extension in the Google Admin Console.
- Using Google Admin Console Credentials, sign in to admin.google.com
- Click Devices
- Click Chrome Management
- Click User & Browser Settings
- In User Settings, under Organizations, click the OU on the left that contains the student accounts that you intend to filter and monitor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To monitor all users in the organization, including teachers and staff, highlight the domain-level (top-level) OU of the organization.
- Scroll down and click the link to the apps & extensions page
- Hover over the yellow plus sign at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click the second-from-top icon to Add Chrome app or extension by ID
- Insert the App or extension ID hmbjbjdpkobdjplfobhljndfdfdipjhg (Here is ZOOM for example.) then click save.
- In the resulting window, click the drop-down menu for Installation Policy. Select either Force Install or Allow Install.
- On the right-hand menu for your newly installed extension, click the drop-down menu for Permissions and URL access and select Allow all permissions.
- Then click Save.
Once this has been done, you can continue to use GoGuardian admin policies to allow the app and extension. Here is the Help Center article on Policies: Managing Apps and Extensions.