Alert bypass allows Super Counselors and Super Users to put a pause on specific content that should not generate future alerts (lyrics, docs, homepages, etc). Users are able to specify who the alert bypass should target and for how long.
Note: This feature is unavailable on Beacon Starter.
How to Bypass an Alert
- To bypass an alert
- Select desired alert card.
- Click on Bypass Alert on the top right corner of the alert card.
- Using the “Bypass alerts with this specific content for” drop-down, specify who the alert bypass should affect
- Individual Student
- All students within the deployment
- Select the time frame
- Provide additional information on alert. (Optional)
- Click Submit
To view your alert bypass list:
- Navigate to your Beacon Settings.
- Click on Alert Preferences.
- Select the tab that reads Bypass List.
This will include a list of current triggers or alerts that your organization is currently bypassing. The bypass list will include the following information:
- Time-Stamp: Time and date the alert was bypassed.
- User: The user who bypassed the alert.
- Student: The student who triggered the alert as well as who else is included in the bypass.
- Time Frame: How long Beacon will bypass the alert and how many days/weeks are left.
- View/Edit: Allows you to view or edit the alert bypass.
- Remove: Deletes the alert bypass from the list.
Edit or Remove an Alert Bypass
Removing an Alert Bypass
- Open up the alert bypass list.
- Click Delete.
- Once the alert is deleted the alert will be cleared from the list.
Editing/Viewing an Alert Bypass
- Open the alert bypass list.
- Click View/Edit.
- Click the Edit link on the alert card.
- Make desired changes to student or time frame
- Click Save to ensure the alert bypass is updated.
Note: You can also edit or delete a bypass by clicking Edit located at the top of the alert card where the bypass was created.