1. Who should I add to my Escalation List
- Each Escalation List should be composed of highly trusted school staff and administrators.
- It is recommended to have two Escalation list members and additionally a Last Responder. Although all contacts are expected to answer their devices, we do understand that the Safety Support team may not be able to successfully make contact at times.
- Everyone listed must already be registered in Org Management and be listed as a User in Beacon. Names and emails must also match exactly what is in Org Management.
- It is important that each person chosen to be on this list has a clear understanding that they are responsible for being available to accept calls from our 24/7 Safety Support Team at any time they are scheduled.
- Each Escalation List contact should be aware of your school’s Suicide Prevention Plan and know when it is to be initiated.
- We encourage that the Last Responder is always able to answer the phone regardless of any circumstance.
2. Who is Monitoring and Reviewing Alerts in Beacon 24/7?
Our Safety Support Specialists come from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds but all have one thing in common; a passion for student safety. Each specialist receives expert training from our partners including AFSP and a leading company in crisis call center management and school-based student counseling. This team has been uniquely trained to review alerts and evaluate potential warning signs or triggers. while ensuring student privacy. Put all this together and you get an around-the-clock team of dedicated specialists that you can trust to handle your most sensitive alerts.
Please note that Beacon 24/7 is intended to be utilized as one component of your school’s overall suicide and self-harm prevention efforts. Beacon 24/7 should not be solely relied on in preventing suicide or self-harm.
3. What do I do if I am unable to access Beacon after being notified of an Active Planning alert?
If you are unable to access the Beacon dashboard for any reason, you can respond with details of the issue to the email that is sent out for the alert, then we will escalate the issue to the appropriate team on our end.
In the meantime, we recommend reaching out to your IT admin or a user who can quickly access Beacon in order to review and mark actions within the alert.
4. Does 24/7 Call Parents?
No, at this time, the GoGuardian Safety Support team will only make calls to the contacts that have been listed on a school/district's Escalation List.
5. If I am submitting a CSV for our Escalation List, why do I still have to create an Escalation List in the Beacon Settings?
The CSV Escalation List is used to contact staff via phone call when the Safety Support Team escalate verified Active Planning alerts. Our team will contact scheduled staff members based on the time an Active Planning alert is generated.
The Escalation List under Settings > Staff Notifications is used for notifying staff by email for all other phases that your school has chosen to receive notifications for. Other phases include:
- Suicide Ideation
- Help & Support
- Suicide Research
6. Does GoGuardian have any Privacy Policies?
Yes! You can check out our Trust & Privacy Center to learn more about how GoGuardian is committed to ensuring the safety and privacy of your students.