Setting Up Staff Notifications
Super Users and Super Counselors can create a separate escalation list for specific staff members to receive notifications when a Threats and Violence alert is generated. This allows schools to have two separate notification lists, one for Suicide and Self Harm related alerts and one for Threats & Violence related alerts. Select which Threats and Violence categories and which staff should be notified about when an alert is generated.
Note: Notifications for Threats and Violence and Suicide and Self Harm will utilize the same Interval Time and After-School Notifications settings.
By default, Threats and Violence categories will use the same Escalation List as Suicide and Self-Harm phases. A separate escalation list for Threats and Violence categories can be created by unchecking the “Same contacts as Suicide + Self Harm” box.
To create a separate Escalation List for Threats and Violence categories:
- Log in to beacon.goguardian.com
- Click Settings from the navigation menu
- Navigate to Staff Notifications
- Toggle on/off the categories that your staff should be notified about
- Uncheck the "Same contacts as Suicide + Self Harm" box
- Type a users name or email address in position 01 or select "add all users"
- Click Add 1 User
- Continue to add users in the order that they should be notified
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes
Note: Threats & Violence Alerts are only an available feature within Beacon Core & 24/7.