Threats and Violence Student Messaging
Student messaging is an optional feature where students will be notified with a customizable message that appears on-screen when Threats and Violence-related content has been accessed. Super Users or Super Counselors can make changes to this setting.
Note: This feature is unavailable on Beacon Starter.
Enable Student Messaging for Threats and Violence
- Login to beacon.goguardian.com.
- Click Settings from the navigation menu.
- Navigate to Student Messaging.
- Toggle on/off the Threats + Violence Student Messaging.
- Toggle on the time of day that you would like students to receive messages.
- Review and/or edit the provided Threats + Violence template.
- At the bottom of the page click Save Changes.
Note: This feature is set to "Off" by default.
Time of Day
If Student Messaging notifications are turned on, determine whether or not notifications should be sent during the following time periods when alerts are generated:
As a reminder, School Hours are defined by a Super User or Super Counselor under Beacon Settings > School Hours
You can also modify the message that is sent to your students. Below is the default message sent to students:
It seems like you might be having thoughts related to threats or violence. We want you to know we care about you and want to help. Please consider reaching out to your parents, school counselors, or another trusted adult. If you need immediate help, call 911 or text HOME to 741741.
Saving Changes will bring up the following pop-up window. To save enabling student messaging you must agree to the terms of the message.