Status: "Monitoring Not Allowed By Admin"
In GoGuardian Teacher's screens view, this message will appear to teachers when they do not have access/permission to the Organizational Unit (OU) in which the student belongs. For more information about Teacher OU access, please review the Teacher Organizational Unit Access article.
Teachers will not be able to fix this warning on their own. Teachers will be required to reach out to an admin with full access/permission to Teacher in Organization Management. This administrative individual will then have several options for troubleshooting the issue.
It will be key to gather the following information.
- Determine the Organizational Unit of the student
- This can be done in GoGuardian Admin by entering the student's email address in the top bar
- If you do not have GoGuardian Admin, use the OU source to determine the student's OU
- This could be Google Admin Console, Active Directory, Clever, or ClassLink
- Determine whether or not that Organizational Unit is correct
- Should the student be here?
- If it's incorrect, move them to the correct OU
- If the Organizational Unit is correct, determine if the Teacher has access to that OU in Organization Management
Go to manage.goguardian.com and look up the teacher account, then click Edit
When you expand the dropdown menu for Teacher, this will list all of the Organizational Units for a district.
Super users will be able to provide individual access to organizational units for teachers by checking (has access) or unchecking (no access) a box.
Note: If a top level OU is selected, all sub-OU's will also be selected by default. Expanding the ► icon will allow sub-OU's to be deselected if desired.
- It may be necessary to reimport Organizational Units if an OU is missing or incorrect
OU changes are synced nightly by default, but it is possible to do a "Sync Now" within manage.goguardian.com/integrations for orgs that have their OUs synced via integrations such as Classlink, Clever, or Active Directory.
In many cases, it may be determined that things are setup correctly. If this is the case, the teacher can remove that student from their class to get rid of any undesired warning messages.